Bloemfontein Hindu Association generally holds Satsang (Prayer Service) every Tuesday from 07:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
Satsang is structured and includes:
- Opening prayer
- Bhajans and Kirtans
- Hanuman Chalisa recital
- Closing prayer
Volunteering for Arti
Requirements for Arti
The following list serves as a guideline for the requirements of the members who volunteer for Tuesday Satsang Arti:
- Members contribute a small donation to BHA. This amount is for the general upkeep of the temple. This amount can be paid to the BHA treasurer or alternatively deposited into the donations box.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that the shrine area is clean. This includes ensuring that the lamps have enough oil and wicks and the shrine is neat. Members are welcome to bring flowers for the shrine as well.
- Members should read a small discourse that typically involves creating awareness of moral and spiritual values. This could include a story, an excerpt from a book etc. Members are allocated around 5 minutes for the discourse.
- Members will perform Arti during the end of Satsang
- Members bring Prasad when it is their turn. This could include fruits, sweat meats etc. Other members could also assist with this.
BHA members are welcome to contact the BHA secretary for any queries in this regards